Friday, November 7, 2008

What a little searching will turn up...

Friago.etsy.com posted a thread about Google's blog search function so that others on Etsy could find out if/where their shops have been mentioned on blogs.

Very interesting! I found a few entries about us in blogs from August and September. Some were obviously due to my posting of velvet embossing instructions on Instructibles.com, but this Storque feature on Etsy predates that posting by about 5 days. I had been wondering why there was a flurry of interest in my velvet balsam sachets in August, of all months:

Blog.Craftzine.com had this posting -and they note that someone from Make pointed them to my Instructible. I am assuming they mean this Make:


And I found this posted on Babble.com, "the magazine and community for a new generation of parents":


Comments seem to be disabled, so I can't chime in there with other uses for
embossed velvet (jackets, sachets, pillows, etc.)... ;)

I love the name of this blog - "The Reformed Pirate":


Finally, in late September, there was this post on Indie Sista's blog:




Awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting picked up that much! they all look great.

Inklings and Imprints said...

Thanks - interesting tool, that blog search. Wonderful items you sew!